There are many ways to improve the skin’s condition, and one of the best treatments to do this, is a chemical peel. These peels come in many forms and can work wonders. They are ideal for those looking for a treatment that can lessen lines and wrinkles, as well as restoring the radiance on your face. There are no needles, injections or surgical procedures involved, making it an easy and painless way to get youthful looking skin.
Chemical peels are most commonly applied to the face; however, the neck and hands can also be treated. They can also help to:
- Reduce the fine lines around the eyes and mouth
- Improve mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun-damage and ageing
- Improve the look and texture of the skin
- Reduce age spots, freckles and pigmentation on the skin
Cosmetic clinics offer medical peels which are easy and stress-free treatments. Firstly there’s a thorough cleansing of the treatment area, before applying the chemical solution. The peel solution creates a controlled wound, and this will let new and healthy skin form in its place.
Chemical peels are pain-free, and there’s minimal skin shredding, flaking, irritation and redness. A face peel can promote growth of new skin, collagen and elastin, which thickens the skin and improves resistance to the effects of ageing, and they will make your face look fresh and youthful and improve the texture and tone.
Chemical peels can benefit:
They work by dissolving dead cells. The solution causes the surface of the skin to peel away, and after it heals it will show healthier, tighter layers of skin.
Penetrating the surface layer of the skin will aid in the shedding of dead cells. Chemical peels are effective in treating acne, also helping to lessen acne scarring.
Uneven Skin Tone/ Pigmentation
Many people are prone to hyperpigmentation. Too much melanin in the skin is responsible for patches on the skin, which can easily be treated with chemical peels.
Chemical peels can restore the texture of dry, sensitive or oily skin. Getting rid of the unwanted dead cells will give fresher skin, and tighter brighter and smaller pores. It’s a good treatment to bring new and fresh cells to the surface.
After chemical peel treatment do not:
- Pick at the skin – picking off dry, flaky skin before it’s ready to come off, can result in scarring and redness.
- Exfoliate – Facial scrubs will only cause more irritation to the treated skin and this could result in scarring.
- Over moisturise – The whole purpose of this treatment is to peel the skin, so to hydrate the peeling skin when it’s shedding will hinder the treatment and not give you the best results.